Sunday, January 25, 2009

Blogger: changing blogspot address

Just be very careful! For me, changing the name of the blogspot address was not very good idea!. The current address of this blog (shortrecipes.blogspot.com) is a new name, created about 1.5 months ago. This blog exists for about three years, and during this time I have written over 120 posts. Unfortunately, once I changed the name of this blog to shortrecipes.blogspot.com, Google removed or lost indexes to all the posts that had been written when the blog had been known under old name. Currently, Google indexes only posts that have been created since the time blogspot address was changed (i.e. about 1.5 months ago). Therefore, if one wants to changes its blogspot address, one should be very careful. It is possible that similar situation may happen.

Temporary solution

found out that to make Google to index some of my old posts, I have to recreate them. In another words, I take a post created e.g. 1 year ago, and I need to copy and paste its contents to the new, empty post. This is not the perfect solution, but I can make the most popular posts visible in Google again.

No comments:

Post a Comment